Milton CrossFit is off and running as we complete 18.1, the first round of the 2018 CrossFit Open. This year, the CrossFit Open runs for 5 weeks from February 22 to March 26, and Dayn (shown here swinging off our new rings rig!) will be coaching you through the WODs to help you keep up with this fun and challenging event.
We had a cracker of a day on Sat December 2 with Milton Crossfit and members of the Milton Weightlifting Club participating in the 2017 CrossFit Liftoff.
As you’ll see from the photos, it was a great event. Everyone had a great time and there were some great results and PBs including:
- Snatch PBs for Bryce (82kg, up from 80), Ollie (65kg, up from 60), Jaime (82kg, up from 80) and Dayn (100kg, up from 95)
- Clean and jerk PBs for Ollie (77.5kg), Jaime (103kg), Goose (120kg) and Annie (82.5kg).
- The highest lifting total in the women was for Annie with a 62.5kg Snatch and a 82.5kg C&J.
- Highest total in the men was Michael with a 110kg Snatch and a 135kg C&J
- Highest overall Sinclair went to Mitch with his 105kg Snatch and 130kg C&J.
- For the WOD (and wasn’t there some soreness the following week!!) the highest male scores were from Mitch, then Goose, then Dayn. The highest female score was for Annie; we didn’t get much more on that front since not many females wrote down their scores.
- The overall WOD winners (calculated by combining the points from the Oly lifts and the WOD) were Mitch in the men’s section, and Annie in the women’s section.
Top efforts and lots of fun! Check out the photos from the day!
The Liftoff was followed by a nice little BBQ out on the loading dock.
You can be certain that we’ll follow up in the new year with a swag of other competitions (both weightlifting and CrossFit), together with lots more on-dock gatherings.
Thanks to everyone that joined in. CU for the next one!!
We’ll be missing a few of our regular lifters this Saturday as our Masters contingent takes part in the 2017 Australian & Oceania Masters Weightlifting Championships, Pacific Rim Masters Tournament and Masters World Cup. The events will take place during the period 27th – 30th October, 2017 at the Mantra on View Hotel at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Australia.
The Australian Weightlifting Federation, a member of the International Weightlifting Federation and Oceania Weightlifting Federation will host the event which is expected to attract over 400 competitors from Pacific Rim nations.
It’s going to be a big four days! Good luck to all the lifters who will be competing!
CrossFit times (all 1 hour sessions) are as follows:
Weekday mornings: 5:30am and 6:30am
Monday to Thursday arvo and evenings: 4:30pm, 5:30pm and 6:30pm
Friday arvo and evening: 4:30pm and 5:30pm
Saturday mornings: 8am
Hello All. We hope you are enjoying the new training space. Thank you everyone for your help with moving and cleaning all that dust out! It was very much appreciated.
We are in the process of building a web site so we can have a central on-line place to go for all weightlifting and CrossFit info like timetables, comps and events. For now though, here are the weightlifting coaching times:
Monday: 6am – 7.30am, 9.30am – 11am, 4.30pm – 7.30pm
Tue: 3.30pm to 7pm
Wed: 4.30pm to 6pm
Thu: 6am – 7.30am, 4.30pm – 7.30pm
Fri: 9.30am – 11am
Sat: 9am to 12.30pm
So we planned [edit: and did!] to open on October 3. But before that could happen, we needed to tidy up here and there… 38 cubic meters of skip bins later, we were done! A big thanks to all who helped! Here are some of the survivors!